Panzer - 3rd Print
Panzer - 3rd Print
The tanks prepare for action. The fuel tanks topped off and the ammo loaded. The commanders confer one final time to review the battle plan. They await your orders.
As the fog clears, your beleaguered battle group once again moves into position to cover the retreating infantry. It is their only possible escape route. Failure is not an option - it never is. Your ranks have thinned since your first days on the Eastern Front. Those once halcyon times have now come and gone. The objective is simple. It is just a matter of holding the line until the reinforcements arrive.
The sharp report of a tank gun to your right quickly focuses your attention back to the situation at hand. The enemy is quickly advancing. You order the flank element to engage, all the while keeping a sharp eye peeled to the left thinking this is just another diversionary feint.
Again, your suspicions are correct. Their main force just broke over the rise on your left. You order the main body forward. The engines rumble, the guns crack and explosions erupt. Your forces will once more carry the day!
Game system designed for small unit actions from platoon to battalion-sized formations:
- Each 7/8” double-sided counter represents a single vehicle, towed gun or aircraft.
- The 5/8" double-sided leg unit counters represent squads, half-squads and sections, including their attached weapons
- Basic set includes a 22" x 34" mapboard
- Full color illustrated manual with various player aids and reference cards
- Modular rules system with Basic, Advanced and Optional rules section. Players may keep it simple or make it as complex as desired.
Includes rules for:
- Vehicle include 11 unique hit locations, armor angles and penetration charts for level, rising and falling fire
- Various ammunition type, e.g., AP, HVAP, APCR, HEAT, HE
- Sighting effects
- Overwatch fire
- Indirect fire, both on gameboard and off gameboard
All of the unit data is included on the full-color data cards.
The streamlined chit-based command system moves the action along at a brisk pace.
Scenario and TO&E Reference Book
TIME SCALE: 15 second to 15 minutes per turn
MAP SCALE: 100 meters per hex
UNIT SCALE: Individual tanks, vehicles, towed guns and aircraft; infantry squads, half-squads, and sections
DESIGNER & DEVELOPER: James M. Day
ART DIRECTOR/PACKAGING: Rodger B. MacGowan
MAP ART: Charles Kibler
COUNTER ART: James M. Day, Pascal Da Silva, and Mark Simonitch