Selling to Us
Click on the appropriate TCG game category for the cards you wish to sell. You can locate the specific card you are looking to sell by using the search bar, or can narrow down the results by using the various filter options available.
The current price will be listed under each card. Once you locate the card, simply enter the quantity you wish to sell and click the green “Add to Buylist” button. You can also choose the condition of your card to show the price being paid for that version of the card, though note that this is for illustrative purposes, and we will ultimately be the judge of what condition a card is. You can change the quantity of a card after you've added it to your cart or remove it from the cart altogether by using the buttons on the right column, which is displaying your cart. Your cart can be reviewed and then submitted by clicking the green 'Proceed to Checkout' button at the bottom right of the buylist page.
If you are not sure which cards you have or their specific versions, you may want to use our Easy-Buy Buylist instead.
Submitting a Buylist Request
Before submitting your buylist request (referred henceforth as “your buylist”), please make sure your cards are organized in the order shown on the checkout page and in your confirmation email. If you've navigated away from that page and didn't receive the automated confirmation email (check your spam folder first), contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with either your buylist number or the email it was submitted under.
Please correctly fill out all of the information on the checkout page - and especially double check that your email is correct. This helps us track your buylist and make sure you receive your payment as quickly as possible.
Please select the location where you wish to bring us your cards (Toronto or Vaughan) or select the “Mail” option if you will be shipping your cards to us, then select your payment type. More details on those can be found below, and note that not all payment types are available for all dollar amounts.
Upon submitting your buylist, you should receive an automated confirmation email with your ordered buylist.
For in-store submissions you do not need to wait for a confirmation or approval email - you can visit your preferred location to drop off your submission any time the store is open once you have submitted your buylist.
For mail-in submissions your buylist must be approved before you mail us your cards. You should receive an approval email within 48 hours of submitting your buylist. If you do not receive an approval email within 48 hours, please contact us at: email@example.com.
We offer four methods of payout for buylist submissions: cheque (available for payouts over $2,000), e-Transfer (available for payouts under $2,000), PayPal, or store credit (issued in the form of a gift card). All payments are generally made within 1-2 business days after your buylist has been processed. Once we receive your cards, we will process your buylist and fix any discrepancies between the submitted information and the cards we've physically received, be it condition, quantity, or version. We will then contact you if needed, and ultimately issue payment based on your chosen payment method.
If your payment method is a cheque, please be aware most banks will require you to have a bank account in order to cash the cheque. Likewise, PayPal payouts of course require a PayPal account, and e-Transfer payouts require that you use web banking. With both of these payment methods, please make sure that the email you are submitting your buylist under matches the email that you would like your payout sent to - if you need it sent to a different email, please include that information either in the buylist notes during submission or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All buylist submissions are subject to the policies on this page. Failure to adhere to any of these policies may result in 401Games.ca suspending your buylist privileges.
If you have any questions please contact our trained TCG purchasing staff at email@example.com.
- Your buylist total must be at least $10 minimum.
- You must be over the age of 18 to receive payment for a buylist or have a parent or guardian of legal age do so on your behalf, as per Ontario law.
- Our buylist prices are provided for your information only and should not be considered as an offer to buy. Incorrect/out of date prices are not binding.
- Buylist prices and quantities in demand are subject to change at any time, for any reason.
- All buylist prices listed are for Near Mint and English cards only, unless otherwise indicated. See "Deductions" below for more information.
- Sending us an item constitutes an offer to sell the item "as is".
- 401Games.ca reserves the right to refuse any offer made to us or to limit the number of cards that we will accept at any time, for any reason.
- 401Games.ca is not responsible for any packages lost or damaged during transit. If your package arrives at our facility with obvious damage, we will refuse delivery and you will be responsible for contacting the shipping company to file a claim.
- We do not accept C.O.D.
- The shipping, handling, and potential customs fees cost of sending us your package is your responsibility. If your package arrives with payment due, we will deduct that amount from the offer we make you. If your buylist total cannot cover the cost, or if you reject the offer we make, you will have to pay for any requested return postage as well as any customs fees paid.
- The payment amount is not finalized until we process your submission and make you an offer.
- You must write the buylist ID number on the outside of your package.
- All submissions must be sorted in the order found on the checkout and confirmation page. Failure to do so will result in a 15% sorting fee. This fee will be deducted from your buylist total.
- If there are any errors found in your buylist (i.e., wrong cards, wrong editions, missing, damaged and unacceptable items) we will automatically deduct the difference in price from your buylist total. We will only contact you for approval if the difference in price is either above 15% or $100. If you wish to have your damaged cards returned, we will deduct the cost of shipping from your total and will mail them back to you. If the payment from your buylist does not cover the cost to return, you will be required to pay for the cost of return shipping.
- No supplies sent in as packaging for a mail-in buylist submission (deck boxes, binders, sleeves, etc.) will be returned. Cards should be submitted in as few supplies as is reasonable.
- We will generally honour the buy prices on cards at time of submission so long as we receive the cards within 14 days of submission for in-store drop-offs and within 21 days of submission on mail-in buylists. If it does not arrive within that timeframe, we may reprice your buylist based on then-current buylist prices. As stated above, we do reserve the right to decline to buy a card at a given price at any time, for any reason. You will be contacted and informed of any potential changes made in this way, and they will not be processed until we come to an agreement.
All unlisted TCG cards on our buylists (Near Mint and English ONLY) are bought as bulk.
To find our bulk pricing, you can search "bulk" in the buylist (we may not currently buy bulk for all games). You can then add quantities of bulk to your Buylist as you would any other item.
We ask that when selling us bulk, you do not sort it alphabetically, by set, by edition, or by rarity. The exceptions to these are if you are selling a specific type of bulk (ex. If you are selling 100 bulk rares, those should be clearly discernible from other cards in your submission). In those cases, we still do not want them sorted alphabetically or by set.
The store credit bonus does not apply to any bulk product.
Please make sure that your bulk is visually and clearly separate from any other cards in your buylist.
Most of the damaged packages we receive are large packages containing bulk cards. We recommend that you fill whatever container you're using to ensure there is no empty space for the cards to shift around. Also, please be aware of how heavy the box is after packing: you may want to double-box heavy packages to ensure they are not damaged during transit.
When we process buylists, there are almost always discrepancies between the submitted information and the physical cards we receive, be they the condition of a card, the specific version of a card, or the quantity of that card. In these cases, we will make deductions (and in the case of an error that increases the value of cards, additions) to the overall total offer. We will then contact you with the updated total, along with information about whatever changes are made. If the new total is 15% or $100 less than the submitted total, or in other cases at our discretion, we will ask for you to approve changes before proceeding. If you do not respond within 3 business days, we will usually contact you again to confirm, but we do reserve the right to, after that time has elapsed, issue you the adjusted payment and close out the transaction.
Refer to our TCG Condition Guide if you have any questions about the condition of your cards.
If you wish to have any of the submitted cards returned or reject the offer on any individual card, you must request this at the time you accept the deduction. 401Games.ca will return any requested cards to you, either by pickup at our retail locations, or via mail at your cost. The cost of return shipping will depend on the cards and quantity being returned. Please note that once the deduction is accepted (this includes deductions that did not receive a response) and processed, any cards received will then be considered the property of 401Games.ca and will no longer be eligible to be returned, as they will have been processed into our live inventory.
Any buylist submission that is received with excessive errors may not be processed and will be returned at your expense. Repeated violations may result in 401Games.ca suspending your buylist submission privileges.
If you are not sure which cards you have or their specific versions, you may want to use our Easy-Buy Buylist instead.
Additional Payment Policies
Payment amount is not finalized until after we receive your package and verify its contents.
You may change your payment type at any time before your buylist is processed. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have processed your buylist and issued payment, the payment type cannot be changed.
Cheque: This payment option is only available for buylists that total $2,000 or more. Buylists totaling less than this can be paid out either by e-Transfer or by PayPal. Cheques are made out to the name you provide at the time you submit your buylist. Please be sure to use your full, correct name associated with your bank. For mail submissions, cheques are shipped via Canada Post, expedited and with tracking, to the address provided during your Buylist submission. If you would prefer to pick up your cheque in person at one of our locations, you will be notified by email when your cheque is ready for pickup. Please be aware most banks will require you to have a bank account in order to cash the cheque. International customers cannot be paid by cheque and must choose a different payment method.
e-Transfer: This payment option is only available for buylists that total $2,000 or less. All buylists totaling more than this will be paid out by cheque, for security reasons. Please be sure to use the email at which you would like to receive your e-Transfer when submitting your buylist, and that you are set up to receive an e-Transfer payout - this usually requires using web banking. e-Transfers are paid out within 48 hours of confirmation. International customers cannot be paid by e-Transfer and must choose a different payment method.
PayPal: Payment will be made to the email address used for your buylist submission. If you have a different email associated with your PayPal account, please contact us at email@example.com before sending in your buylist. Payment will be subject to applicable PayPal fees (currently PayPal charges 2.9% plus $0.30 CAD of the amount you receive). As a result, you will receive less than the finalized total of your buylist after PayPal fees.
This is the quickest payment method. Store credit buylists will receive an additional trade-in bonus, currently at 30%. Please note that this bonus does not apply towards any bulk on your buylist. You may still choose store credit as your payment method on a buylist containing only bulk, but you will not receive the bonus. Store credit will be processed as an online gift card sent to the email address submitted on your buylist. Once store credit has been sent via online gift card you may use it at any time for purchases at 401Games.ca during checkout, or in-store through your phone using the QR code found in the email. Once store credit has been issued, it is non-refundable and cannot be transferred or converted to another payment method or currency.
Additional Packing and Shipping Information
How to ship your buylist?
- Make sure your cards are sorted in the EXACT order that they appear in your buylist checkout page/confirmation email (the first card on your buylist should be the first face-up card in the stack.)
- Remove cards from any card sleeves (feel free to leave a single sleeve on valuable cards, and additional protection such as a second sleeve or toploaders on cards worth over a hundred dollars), binders, or other packaging.
- Include your name and buylist ID number inside your package.
- Buylists must be postmarked within 7 days of approval and addressed to:
401Games.caAttn: Buylist ID#750 Yonge Street,Toronto, ONM4Y 2B6
- We strongly suggest that you choose a shipping method that includes both delivery confirmation and insurance. 401Games.ca is not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
Please be sure to always write the buylist ID number on the outside of your package as seen in the example above in step 4. If you have multiple buylists you may include them all in one package, but all buylist ID numbers must be present on the outside of the package.
We ask that you do not send cards for a single buylist in multiple packages. Your buylist cannot be processed until all packages arrive at our facility and if you send multiple packages they may not all arrive at the same time. If you must separate your buylist into different packages, please clearly label the outside of the box as to how many packages are being sent in total and which package each is (ex. Buylist ID # 1111 box 1 of 5, Buylist ID # 1111 box 2 of 5, etc.)
To keep your cards from being damaged, you can divide the cards (if there are several) into decks and sandwich them between something such as cardboard to keep them from shifting within a package. A sheet of paper folded and taped around each deck is an easy way to secure your cards. If this method is used, be sure to label each deck as 1/3, 2/3, etc. so we know what order they go in and that you will not receive a sorting fee (please label the paper before packing the cards in them to avoid damage to your cards). Deck boxes are another common means of keeping cards from moving in transit. Making sure there is no additional room in a package is the key to making sure your cards are not damaged. Do not use rubber bands as this can damage your cards!
For shipping small quantities of cards, we recommend putting them in a team bag or similar plastic bag, and including a toploader or another firm object in the package, then shipping using a bubble mailer. If shipping expensive cards in toploaders, tape a piece of paper over the top to keep the cards from falling out (don't tape directly over the toploader, as this may result in damage to your cards).
You may not send returns, payments, etc. in the same package as your buylist.